Sunday, June 01, 2008

We Own the Sky

For people that know me well it is no secret that the only band I really listen to is m83. I got to see them live at the Doug Fir for the first time about a week ago. The show pretty much blew me away. They played a mix of songs from all of their albums except digital waves (which is an excellent ambient record, mostly because it doesn't have drums). The song I listen to most off of the new album, Saturdays=Youth is called "We Own the Sky." They started playing it while I was in a bathroom stall pouring a beer from my backpack into a Heineken that my friend from one of the opening acts got me. Anyways, it wouldn't all fit into the bottle and the head was going everywhere. My only option left was to just chug my beer in the bathroom stall and run back out there. Pretty Awesome.

No comments: