Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Depreciation Guild - Butterfly Kisses



















The first experience I had with shoegazey type stuff was when I bought M83's dead cities... because I thought the cover was fantastic. After I actually listened to it I couldn't have been more happy that I had judged a book by its awesome cover. For Brooklyn, NY's The Depreciation Guild, I saw the words 'shoegaze,' '8-bit,' and 'experimental' tagged by it so... yeah. What followed was an m83 song whipped into shape with some 'pop-sensibility.' (That's a catch phrase that gets thrown around a lot right?) Anyways, this song is presumably about butterfly kisses, which I think most people can agree are quite wonderful. It's kind of like if M83, Broken Social Scene, and Mew (wtf?? right?) made a song together. Anyways, check it out. Their website is cool too, you can download the entire album for free in a zip file, maybe buy a t-shirt or throw some cash at em?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!